The Death of Mr. C

June 9, 2010 goes into personal history as a very sad day due to the death of a very dear friend, Mr. C who had been with me through the good as well as bad times. I became friends with Mr.C in March 2008 at his Tagore Hill Road residence in Morabadi. He was handsome looking sporting a moustache similar to Poirot's. A stout looking man with a wheatish complexion, he was a gentleman to the core. Well known for his warmth, he was a grand host serving tea at all times. With him was also Mrs. C, an equally loving and warm person who loved wearing sundresses blue in colour with 'I love you' written all over. Once I did ask her the reason for wearing the 'I love you' dresses and she said, "It's for Mr. C, dear. It keeps his mood uplifted and he feels wanted. With age catching up, one never knows when the other person might feel neglected. This is our way of keeping each other happy. We need not depend on others for our happiness." I found this very touching. Sadly a few months after my marriage, Mrs. C breathed her last and I was not able to attend her last rites. Mr.C continued living in the same spirited and warm way and in the afternoon of June, 9, 2010 he, too, breathed his last with his remains being buried.


FYI Mrs. and Mr. C were no one but the pair of mugs I had purchased from Reliance Fresh, Morabadi, Ranchi when I was in the process of settling down and courtesy a very dear person, the two mugs have breathed their last and the remains buried in the grounds!

Comments

Sushant Kumar said…
awesome... very nice written enough to raise curiosity n interest... heart touchin but at the end its dumbstruck.... gr8 humorous
Unknown said…
unfortunately i am the dear person.my apologies.
Ceramic inspiration. Well written.
well good write up, ending in a very captivating manner

Popular posts from this blog

I need a break.....

Honour Killings or Dishonour Killings?

Net the NET