To a marvellous teacher

This comes straight from the heart to acknowledge the man who was an inspiration for my grandmother and my family. The man is Dr. R.K. Sinha the well-known Professor of English. My grandmother, his younger sister was so influenced by him that she wanted her daughters to study English literature and become teachers of English. Not only was she successful in her endeavor, she rubbed this onto me and I grew up in the shadow of a living legend: a man possessing great knowledge, a man who was sought for his academic skills by one and all. After my graduation, I was taken to meet the great man and I must say I was awe-struck. For a person in his 70s, his mind was sharp and the shine in his eyes was mesmerizing. What struck me the most was the books lying on the bed reflecting the intensity of his reading.

Born in a small town Munger,
Blessed by the almighty with brains,
He traveled across the seas,
To create new highs and fulfill dreams.
Armed with degrees from Patna University,
He sought the shores of Oxford University,
To work with Lord David Cecil for his D.Phil.
On a man equally charming, the great DHL.
The return from Oxford University
Brought him to Patna University
and to the Department of English
Which was as glorious as the British.
Depth of knowledge and teaching ability
In him abound along with deep sincerity
And are reasons for the respect
And gratitude heart felt.

This is my humble effort,
To praise a man so great,
Whom the world knows as R.K.Sinha
And some fondly address as Radha Babu!




Comments

A worthy acknowledgment that come straight from the heart.
Thank you, sir. This one was straight from the heart but to another man acknowledgements are due from the depth of my heart!

Popular posts from this blog

I need a break.....

Honour Killings or Dishonour Killings?

Net the NET